Haisley experienced her first circus and, I must say, a TOTAL waste of money! Yeah, we thought she would LOVE the circus. I mean, what child doesn't, right? We got there an hour early so we could meet the clowns, see circus acts up-close, etc but she would not let us get up from our seats. Instead, we just sat there and watched from afar. If we would've won tickets, we probably would have left before it even started. But, since we spent Justin's hard-earned money on these great seats, we suffered through it. Haisley has gone through phases since she's been born where she's scared of everything to amiable to everything. It confuses the heck out of me! By the time we bought the tickets until we actually went, she went from an "I LOVE IT ALL" phase to an "I'm scared of my own shadow" phase. I know these pictures show such a good girl enjoying the show, but really, she was getting through it by sitting on daddy's lap and playing with my iPhone. By intermission, we decided we could have a more enjoyable day by leaving and having a nice lunch before heading home for naptime. I'm not sure when we will try the circus again. Probably not for awhile!!!
Before the show
Daddy being silly
An elephant painting
The clowns Haisley was deathly afraid of!
All she wanted was to see an elephant before we went and once we got there, she wanted to be as far away from them as possible.
I read Water For Elephants and couldn't quit thinking of the book while watching the show. If you read the book, remember when she made the elephant's sequined costume? Well, here you go!
All with his neck muscles. Wowza!
I felt fat and weak and just a lazy person watching these acrobats do their stunts. Not a single ounce of fat on them!
Really amazing!
This is her fake smile when I say, "Smile!"
She liked the acrobats.
I can't remember how many motorcyclists were in this sphere at one time but it was amazing! My favorite part of the show!
I can't remember why she got happy for a millisecond but she was happy. Hopefully that's what she remembers!


0 comments:
Post a Comment