Tuesday, August 30, 2011

If You Forgot, I'm STILL Pregnant

I haven't really been blogging about this second pregnancy and I'm not quite sure why. Oh, that's right, I'm too busy keeping a 2 (soon to be 3) year old busy every day, plan her 3rd birthday, decorate her big-girl room, have nursery bedding made, design/decorate a nursery, get dinner on the table every night, keep the house clean, and, I don't know, just enjoy summer. So, needless to say, we're busy, but, who isn't?

I've been having a great pregnancy. I really shouldn't complain, but have you ever heard of a pregnant woman not complaining about her pregnancy? The first trimester was great. I was able to workout at the same pace, keep up with everyday responsibilities and add some naps into the mix since I felt kinda like a train had run over me at times. Growing a baby is hard work! I have to be honest, some of those weeks, I took a nap every day when Haisley did just to be able to keep my eyes open when Justin came home from work before I would fall asleep on the couch again at 9 that night. I never have morning sickness, so I really shouldn't complain, right?

The second trimester was wonderful! Aren't most second trimesters like that? My feeling like I might not be able to make it to noon before I was ready to go back to bed went away. I still felt pretty good about going to the gym. I could keep up with Haisley and got some things done while she was napping instead of napping myself. I am now at the end of the second trimester and I'm feeling run down again. Supposedly I'm measuring right where I should be and this past month I only gained a pound. This is such a big deal for me since I usually average a pound a week. Have I mentioned I gained 46 pounds with Haisley? Yes, you read correctly ~ 46! I am nowhere near that number (thank goodness) and hope I don't go there again, but, you never know! I started retaining water weight my last 12 weeks of pregnancy with Haisley and that hasn't happened (yet) this time around. Oh, if that could just stay away, I would be one happy mama! I went for a check-up yesterday and we scheduled my induction on my due date ~ 11/11/11. She was willing to schedule a week earlier but I'm going to suffer through that last week so he can have that birthday unless he comes on his own. We will see!

I have been taking (when I remember) weekly pregnancy pictures. I just haven't posted them yet. I will one of these days, I promise! Until then, one of our friends who happens to be a great photographer, took some family maternity pictures of us a few weeks ago. They turned out great! Since it's been over 100 degrees outside every day all summer, we opted to take them inside. He came to our house and set-up an inside photo drop cloth with lights all right in our upstairs game room. How awesome is that??!! Haisley did really well and was ready to show-off for Mr. Shane. These pictures are priceless! Now, we just have to sit and wait about 10 weeks more before this little man graces us with his presence. We can't wait!!!

This shows how much love and joy we have for this baby boy to join our little family.

Haisley loves this little boy and loves to tickle him (which involves pushing in my "outie" belly button) and trying to hold her hand on my belly long enough to feel him kick. She's going to be a great big sister!

Our little family

Haisley is convinced she has a baby girl in her tummy. She mimics me all the time saying things like, "My baby is kicking me a lot today!" or "Let's go inside now. My baby is making me hot". I hope her baby doesn't come out for another 30 years!!!

Yes, this is me. Kinda cool way of showing off a pregnant belly. There are some others I won't make you look at but I thought this one was tasteful enough to post, well, maybe for some of you. If you are offended, google "maternity photography" and you'll think this shot is nothin'!

Until next time...

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Love the maternity photo's, especially the last one. You look so great for being so far along.

Justin and April said...

Andrea - You are so kind! It has been a much easier pregnancy which has been a blessing since I'm now keeping up with Haisley. I don't get comments on my blog often so THANK YOU for that! (-:

Sarah said...

What a pretty pregnant gal you are! I love the pictures and I love your description of your journey through pregnancy. I am sure Haisley will be the best big sister!! I love that birthdate - I hope he holds out. Enjoy your labor day!!!

Beca said...

Very precious! :)

Anonymous said...

April you always look Beautiful to your Dad. I love you and your Family more than you know.

Justin and April said...

Such sweet comments. Thank you!!!