I would say having a baby come into this world is one of the coolest, most humbling times I could ever experience. It still blows my mind God is giving us another creation of His to be able to enjoy, love, guide to ultimately love God more than we love ourselves and go out into the world with the confidence and knowledge to spread His positive energy onto anyone he meets.
Some of my friends came to me a few months ago and wanted to celebrate the birth of our firstborn son. How could I say no? I love parties, friends, family and babies so it seemed like a "must" on the to-do list during this season of preparing for our little man to be born. Last weekend, some of my friends, Sara, Marian and Andrea, threw me the most creative and fun baby shower I could have ever imagined. I LOVE my friends! It was owl-themed which is what the nursery is being designed as and was precious! There were so many fabulous friends and family that came which made the day extra special. The presents were amazing. He no longer has plain, white onesies and purple and yellow socks to wear since that's all I could keep from Haisley's wardrobe. Yippee! Blues, browns, plaids and sport-themed clothes, here we come!
Here's the shower invite which is so cute, don't you think? The whole shower had these adorable little owls everywhere!
We had to take a family picture before the shower. Haisley is just ecstatic about us having a baby. I hope that enthusiasm stays when he is screaming at the top of his lungs during her Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show... To be continued, I'm sure!
Adorable!
Close-up of the entrance sign
The party favors were little personalized bags filled with bird seeds to bring feather life to your backyard. So creative!
The sign-in table had an owl-themed child book for guests to sign along with family maternity pictures we took last month and a precious diaper cake.
I haven't officially announced baby boy Cowart's name yet but here it is: Stratton Archer Cowart
Justin and I came up with it together and love it! Like the name Haisley completely describes her, so will Stratton. We love different but not too crazy names, so there you go!
Fun tree-inspired mason jar filled with seed-like funness and twigs complete with pom tissues and felt owl clips. Love it!
The food table with a fun pennant banner and adorable name display.
Stratton Cake!
"Hoo-ray! He's almost here!" personalized banner. Hoot hoot!!!
Owls can become a little obsessive, I have learned, from decorating his nursery in them. Sara bought this adorable owl cage with little owls inside it. I think I need to buy this from her for his room!
Beautiful flower arrangements were everywhere!
If you haven't gotten the memo, mason jars are "in". They had this yummy blue punch in mason jars with cute blue spiral straws. Again, my friends are pretty creative!
The hostesses: Andrea, Sara and Marian ~ Love them!
Gotta get a pic with the food table!
While the ladies ate cake, I opened gifts. Something is wrong with this picture. Shouldn't the pregnant lady be eating cake BEFORE everyone else? J/K!
Gotta have OU stuff for Stratton!
We can only hope!
Cute owl finger puppet with more fun blue and owl-themed stuff inside!
That cute owl you see in this bin is already in his room!
Cute owl outfit
Cute card!
Loads of owl-themed clothes which I couldn't be more happy about!
My mom on the far left getting everyone cracking up at something. She's good at that. Love her!
My neighbor, and good friend, Jamie, with their newest addition, Isaac. He was less than 2 weeks old here. Precious!
My lovely friend from college. We both have little girls and now we're both having boys! We're about 6 weeks apart from each other! So exciting!
Andrea, Marian, myself and Laura
One of my step-sisters, Brittney, myself and my step-mom, Monica
Aunt Shay Shay, as Haisley would call her
My cousins, LaDana, Maddie, Marilyn, Kim, myself, Karen, Sue and Sharon - The Raders and Sue Scoma!
Miss Maddie, my cousin!
Nanny, momma and moi
The shower was at Sara's house. Thanks girls for a fun-tastic shower!








1 comments:
Great pics,
Love, Your Dad
Post a Comment