Monday, September 12, 2011

3 = Lots of Firsts

I don't know what it is about turning 3 but it seems like we've had a lot of firsts recently.  I took her to get her first professional pedicure, we've also gone to see the dentist for the first time and she even got her first "big girl" haircut!  Having a girl is more fun than I ever thought it would be.  She is just as girly as I am, which helps!  Ha!

We went for her 3 year pediatrician appointment today and, like I expected, she's in the 80% in height and weight so that puts her in the 60% for her BMI (Body Mass Index).  Up until this point, the pediatrician asks Justin and I most of the questions, but this time, she asked Haisley quite a bit directly.  She had to identify different colors and draw a circle.  She passed with flying colors!  Whew!!!  She was caught-up on all of her shots, so she was only due for a flu shot.  We opted for the nasal flu mist so, no tears here!


Sweet N Sassy is a fun place to go to get "glammed up" when you're under 12.  I bet this won't be the first time we visit this place!  She loved getting pampered!


All smiles!


The dentist is talking about what he's going to do.  She wasn't quite sure about him brushing her teeth but he was so good with her.  She did great!


No cavities!


My iPhone loaded with fun kid games helps in all circumstances, especially with distracting her from what's going on around her.  My hairstylist, Stacy, said I could bring her in for her first "big girl" haircut so she tagged along with me a few weeks ago. 


She was so excited about sitting in the chair and getting her hair cut!


Snip snip!


I really just wanted it "cleaned up" and it has helped with brushing and styling her hair!


I think she likes it!


Concentrating!


She's growing up!

2 comments:

Tercel said...

Hey April! I love reading your blog and catching up on the Cowart "happenings". Small world... my sister works at Sweet and Sassy and is the one giving Haisley the pedicure. I was on Skype with her on Sunday and she had in that big white bow. Couldn't miss it. :0)

Justin and April said...

@Tercel - That's too funny! She was very sweet with Haisley. We will for sure be going back!