So, I decided to start baking cakes and decorating them so I could make Haisley's first birthday cake. It has since turned into a little side business that somehow I hardly ever actually profit from. Yes, that's the problem with only friends knowing you make cakes and really loving your raw talent but can't really afford to pay the actual amount it costs for me to spend a whole week of my free time making one of these crazy concoctions called a cake. Also, I go back and forth on really wanting to do this on the side because it's stressful, exhausting and downright hard to do! Well, Haisley's 2nd birthday is in less than 2 weeks and I'm just wanting to make cupcakes. Yes, I said it, cupcakes! But they will be really cute and adorable and she won't know any different, right?

Haisley's 1st birthday smash cake. I made the edible Minnie Mouse figurine on top.

The three-tiered cake I made for her first birthday party.

A four-layered chocolate turkey I made for Thanksgiving just for fun.

Contemporary animal-themed baby shower cake

TCU Graduation Cake

Mickey Mouse Birthday Cake
Las Vegas-themed 30th Birthday Cake
Everything you see on the cake I made from scratch - No plastic figurines here!
A close-up of the sign I made. It says, "Welcome to Fabulous Thirty Dennis"

Princess-themed Birthday Cake
Close-up of the whimsical crown/cupcake and Madelyn's name


3 comments:
Wow those cakes are awesome. Maybe you should start a small business.
April - those are TO DIE FOR!!! OH MY GOSH! I love them. You are beyond talented. Are you telling me that before you did her 1st birthday cake you had never done this? That is PURE TALENT! I love it. One of my friends made Lucy's cake - she is like you, just taught herself and grew a passion for it. She Loves doing the cake thing but so time consuming and if she charged people what she actually should they couldn't afford it because she is SO GOOD and her time is well worth it. Are there any contests you could enter? Maybe that could get your name out there. If I lived closer to you all you can bet I would have you make my girls cake! Love seeing God's talents in others!
I am in awe and a lot jealous! You have inspired me to at least learn to make fondant! I am sure it takes so much time and practice to do what you do. But oh my gosh I love those. Great job!
Post a Comment