Friday, March 4, 2011

Sweet Love

Valentine's Day greeted us with open arms this year! I bought Haisley a Minnie Mouse Valentine book a couple of weeks before and started reading it to her. She quickly started figuring out Valentine's Day was coming up and would greet us every morning saying, "Happy Valentine's Day, mommy and daddy!" She was ecstatic when she started receiving gifts from loved ones. I think it's such a fun holiday because we get to celebrate the love we have for one another on a grander scale and, boy, was it grand!

My daddy will always hold a special place in my heart and he sent me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers. Thanks Daddy!

This is the array of goodies Haisley got from PeePaw (my dad) and MeeMaw (my step-mom). She was in awe of this arrangement. We still haven't deflated the balloons yet. She was very upset when the flowers were gone one morning after we threw them away. We will have to replace them with fake roses very soon!

Have I ever told you my daughter loves sweets? Yeah, this made her day, for sure!

I filled her Valentine basket with goodies from loved ones. She got a girl's night with Aunt Sharon where she got her toenails painted, new pajamas, popcorn and a Valentine card. She also got a care package from PattiCake (Justin's mom) and PoppaD (Justin's dad) with Valentine-themed candy, pencils and a cute card. She also got goodies from us too. She LOVES ring pops and Minnie Mouse so we got her some of those things. You can tell how much she loved all of her gifts!

Smile with candy-colored lips!

Check-out her pink toenail polish!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

April, you have and will always hold a special place in your Daddy's heart also. I love you more than you will ever know. Great pics by the way. Haisley looks like she enjoyed what everyone got her for Valentine's.

Embrace31 said...

April, this was such a cute post! I love the new blog design! Did you do this yourself? You're so creative! Anyhoo, glad you two were spoiled on Valentine's Day.
Hugs,
C