Monday, March 8, 2010

18 Months - Really? Seriously? No Way! Notta!

Eighteen months ago, we embarked on a new chapter in our lives, parenthood. No one told us about the sleepless nights, the time we would look at each other and forget we hadn't spoken to one another in a couple of days, the first time I would have to spank our child to teach her discipline, to tell her "no" more than I say "yes", and the infamous watching her fall down stairs before Justin or myself could get to her fast enough. No one told us that a new love in our lives would break Justin and I's love apart, shatter it to pieces and then put it back together tighter than we ever thought a love could be. All we heard about were the first times she would smile, wave, clap and it would make noise :), crawl while mommy was gone and daddy got to see her do it first, take her first step with a big grin on her face, hear her say "mommy" and "daddy" with the most angelic voice I ever heard and blow kisses. We couldn't have imagined what a child would bring our little family, but it did. It brought all of that and more. It has been a ride that I am so glad God gave us to grab on to and hold on for dear life. It brought a wave of emotions that I am so thankful to add to my list.

Haisley is "right on" according to the pediatrician and is even saying more words than the 10-15 the doctor says is average for her age. She is talking up a storm, responding to my requests, discovering the world and all of its wonders, testing her boundaries and just loving life to the fullest. She is in the 63 percentile (25 lbs 6 oz) for weight and 33 percentile (31 1/2 in long) for height. So, that's why she seems SOOOO heavy!

Last week, we had some nice days so we took advantage of it! Park, bounce house, here we come! We welcome Spring with open arms!

She thinks she's so big when she crosses this bridge and doesn't have to hold my hand.

I just love her when she walks. Each step is taken with much precision.

She sees a duck!

Let's see how close I can get to the duck pond. Maybe mommy will let me swim with the ducks!

She looks so much like Justin but in a girly way. Amazing!

She uses her tongue to balance herself. Too cute!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

We got the bounce house out. She was so excited!

Sorry, Haisley. You did get my fine hair. It likes the wind too much and wants to fly away with it. We invited Reid over to jump. They had fun! They did have a moment where they collided and Haisley got a knot on her head so paci went in to help her get through the pain. Oh, paci! It's a love/hate relationship!

After we went to the pediatrician this morning, she was sporting her Barbie sticker she got from getting her Hep A shot and decided to put on Justin's shoes. Love her so much!

5 comments:

LB said...

She's precious. You described parenthood perfectly. I can hardly remember my life before my kids, and what I do rember doesn't seem to matter because we didn't have Alison and Aaron in our lives yet. Isn't being a Mom the greatest?

Unknown said...

She is Beautiful April! I can't believe how big she is getting. Justin and I will finally get to experience what you are describing, in just 7 weeks our little girl will arrive. We are so anxious!

Sarah said...

She is so precious! You are so blessed with a beautiful healthy sweet little girl! Enjoy every moment with her!

Linsey said...

April, that was so refreshing to read. I am so glad that Haisley has brought so much joy into your lives. Thanks for reminding us what parenting is all about.

Anonymous said...

I always knew my little April (Tweety Bird) would make one of the best Mother's alive. I am so proud to call you my Daughter, and your Dad is so lucky to have a Son-in-law like Justin. I love all 3 of you guys with all my heart. I just wish I could be around my Little Haisley (Princess) more.
With all my Love,
Your Dad, Danny Kidwell