Last weekend we went to Justin's parents' house in Sallisaw, Oklahoma. It is a quaint town on the middle eastern border of Oklahoma. I think there are about 8,000 people in population on a good day :). It is very different than what I'm familiar with but it's sometimes good to go to the country and leave fast Internet and paved roads behind and smell the fresh air. We drove to Fort Smith, Arkansas Saturday which is about 40 minutes from their home and went to a hands-on museum with stuffed animals and some live ones too. It was good that it was inside because it was pretty cold and windy there while Texas was having the nicest weekend weather-wise of the year. I kept reading from friends back home on Facebook about taking long bike rides with their families, going on picnics and flying kites. It made me think of the last time we went to Oklahoma in February to visit my side of the family while our home was having breathtakingly beautiful record snowfall. Danny and Pat had fun showing Haisley off to strangers and their church family. On our way home, we decided to get out of the car, stretch our legs a little and visit the OU campus. Norman is very special to us because Justin and I graduated from OU and met on campus our junior year of college. We met up with Rodger who lives in Norman and is Justin's friend that he met while a Lambda Chi Alpha and I instantly loved the moment I met him very shortly after Justin and I met. He was a groomsman in our wedding and is still a part of our lives. We try and see him or he visits us when he's in the area. He is still very involved in the LXA (Lambda Chi Alpha) Fraternity so we get to hear all of the Greek scoop! We miss OU and hope to go to a game this Fall on campus.

One of her favorite places to be...on Daddy's shoulders
Every fish she sees is named Nemo from her current cartoon character addiction.
Turtles are called Nemo also because they are some of the characters in the movie also. I correct her and say turtle but she's convinced they're Nemo too!
I think that's a bear in the tree hole.

No, it's not a real deer but it sure looks like one!
This was her smiling at PoppaD, Justin's dad. She really takes to him which is cute.
There were a ton of birds outside in a certain area. I'm sure they were being fed well to be out in the open and just waiting for us to come by and take pictures of them.
Cheese!
PoppaD and PattiCake (Justin's parents) with Haisley

I see Danny laugh all the time with Haisley. Grandbabies are pretty cool from what I hear :).

Playing peek-a-boo with Daddy.
There he is!
This was one of the only stuffed animals she would get close to. There was a stuffed cub I tried to get her to go up to but she had no interest in it. She didn't know what to think of them!
Justin's parents have this off-road vehicle they got a few years back. I had never been on it but grew up with my own four-wheeler and my grandpa had a three-wheeler so I thought I would give this a try. I think this is a lot safer than what I grew up with.
Haisley rode on my lap as we drove around their house. She didn't like it at all. Maybe next time!
They built a pond in the front of their yard and put catfish in it. There were hundreds of them out there that would come up for food Danny was throwing at them. Kinda freaky! Needless to say, I'm not much of a nature person but kids love this kinda stuff so I toughed it out for Haisley :).
Family pic at the OU campus in front of the football stadium.
O-U!!!

Rodger and Justin - We had so much fun hanging out with him for a couple of hours. I miss Rodger!
By this point, Haisley was starting to warm up to Rodger and almost got her to hold his hand while they walked around campus but she opted out at the last minute. He's so good with children!
Bye OU! Hope to see you this Fall!


0 comments:
Post a Comment