Today is Justin and I's 5 year wedding anniversary. I can't believe we met 8 years ago! For those of you who don't know our story, we met on a blind date our junior year while attending the University of Oklahoma. He came to my sorority formal date party. We went on a coke date (that's where you go to a place like Sonic and just get a coke so there's no obligation) a couple of days before Valentine's Day that year and I told him I was going on a date with a guy for Valentine's Day. He told me, "Well, if it doesn't work out with him, you can be my Valentine." I know it sounds corny but it definitely made me blush. At the formal, he told me he recognized me from our freshman year. I was the lead in our sorority skit performance (Ms. Kensington from Austin Powers) and he said he told his sister who was in the same sorority as me that he would date me someday. His wish came true a couple of years later :). It was a magical night. He sang "The Dance" by Garth Brooks which no man had ever done because I sing and every guy was always nervous I would make fun of them. I was taken right then! For several months we spent a lot of time at the school library studying together, walking around the campus talking for hours and hanging out on the back porch of my sorority house until the wee hours of the night becoming best friends. Three months into our relationship, he finally "peck" kissed me on that back porch. At that moment, I knew this was going to last. Two years later he proposed and a year later, we were Mr. and Mrs. Justin Cowart. Now, we have a beautiful baby girl to share our lives with and we couldn't be happier. Justin, I love you more than any words can express and I am honored to have you as my husband. Happy Anniversary, babe! 

At my sorority formal on our blind date - February 24, 2001. We were soooo young!!!


OU/TX weekend Fall 2001
Our wedding day - March 20, 2004
One of our several cruises we took. Someday soon let's go again, k??
Getaway trip to San Antonio
In downtown Dallas
Another wonderful trip!
Our first "child", Avery. She'll be 4 in September. My, how time flies!
At family reunion in Branson
We are pregnant with a baby girl!!!

Haisley Grayce - born September 5, 2008 - This is a picture we took the day she was born.
Haisley at 6 days old. Isn't she just gorgeous? It makes me cry to see this picture. What a wonderful time in our lives!
Christmas Eve 2008
My two favorite people

4 comments:
Congrats on your 5 year anniversery. You guys look so cute together.
What a sweet post! I love hearing "how we met" stories. So cute:)
I loved reading that! Congrats on 5 years. I agree marriage is awesome! Your life is beautiful! Love keeping up to date!
Congratulations! Great pics of you two!
In the last one with Justin & Haisley she really looks like him.
Post a Comment