Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Christmas Morning At Home

Have I mentioned lately how crazy our life is?  Yes, that's why I'm a month behind on this blog.  Every time I have time to blog, I decide a bubble bath or time to veg in front of the TV or taking a nap is more important.  Anytime I can get even 5 minutes to "unplug" is what I call it, I do.  But...Stratton has only woken up at about 5am the past three nights so I'm starting to see the light again.  Also, Haisley did so great with Stratton entering our world until two weeks ago.  I think she just processed it all and had some issues.  She was rebelling at home, at preschool and pretty much anywhere and about everything. This week has been so much better.  Yesterday, her preschool teacher said, "Haisley's back!" with a smile.  Yay!  Hoping it keeps up.  Yes, we are all adjusting to the new "us" and are really trying to enjoy even the crazy, exhausting moments.  So...here I am blogging about Christmas again.  Sorry, I will catch up soon!  Stratton turned one month on December 11th and he is just precious.  He really is a good baby and just goes with the flow.  Haisley insists he comes up to her room for naptime and bedtime to read books with her and go through her nighttime routine.  She has to give him hugs and kisses him goodnight which there are no words for how that makes a momma's heart melt.

We celebrated Christmas at our house a few days before Christmas Day since we were going to travel to Oklahoma for Christmas weekend so Justin stayed home a little longer one weekday morning so Haisley could wake up and run down to see what Santa had gotten her and if he'd eaten the cookie and drank the milk we set out for him.  She woke up and said, "Santa and Mrs. Claus didn't come see me in my room last night," with a frown.  I was cracking up.  She literally thought they were going to come up to her room and give her presents in the middle of the night.  She's still talking about Santa and how much she likes him.  Christmas was definitely even more enjoyable this year than last.  She is having a blast with everything Christmas is.


One month old!


He loves the light so the window right by his chair in his nursery helps get him to open those big blue eyes in pics!


So cute!


Just Stratton hanging out!


This was Haisley looking down from the stairs at the tree filled with presents.  Priceless!


Oh boy!  Santa did come!


He brought Haisley and Stratton a wagon for Christmas!


She loved it!


She had to show me every little thing she got and wanted to take a picture with her new presents.


Isn't this how every Christmas morning should look after opening presents?  Yes, I think so!


She got Stratton a present and showed it to him.  So sweet!  

0 comments: