Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Potty Training? - A Breeze!!!

Well, it's official! Haisley is potty-trained. I was really worried about training her because I know several moms who have children that take MONTHS to train. Yes, I said MONTHS!!! I didn't want to be out running errands and her pee everywhere down the cereal aisle at Target! Haisley kinda pushed me into it, if I were completely honest. A couple of weeks ago, out of the blue, she said she wanted to go to the potty but it was always after she had gone but I would oblige and let her sit on the toilet. Then I started noticing she would wake up dry from nap and she even woke up dry one morning which is VERY out of the ordinary. We already had a trip planned to visit family the weekend this all started happening so I told myself once we got back, I was going to take the plunge. Thursday of last week I finally had all of the supplies needed to start training so we woke up to the land of panties, smarties, M & Ms and, who could forget, stickers. She had a couple of potty mistakes the first day and one poopoo. Yes, gross, I know. Thank goodness for good water pressure in our hose in the backyard. Hah! The next day, she did even better only going potty and poop once in her panties. So, I thought, well, we're making some progress. I couldn't get her to tell me when she needed to go which was driving me crazy. By the end of Friday, she was an emotional wreck. Her world had been ripped upside down and she was fragile to everything emotionally. Saturday morning, she woke up as a big girl and we've been going in panties ever since! I feel very fortunate but, I must say, I had a great teacher to help me through it. If you didn't catch my potty training notes, here they are. And, guess what? They work perfectly. I wouldn't change a thing. As of today, we don't ask her to check if she's dry and don't reward her with a smartie if she's dry anymore. It doesn't seem needed anymore. We just reward her with an M & M for teetee and a sticker for poopoo. But, if we're out and about, just me being so proud of her when she goes is enough for her. Hopefully this helps ease your nerves out there if you haven't taken the plunge into potty training yet. I pray it has as good as results as mine were!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am soooo proud of my little Princess. Give her a big Suga from Peepaw & Memaw