Sunday, May 29, 2011

Prince or Princess?

The day I found out I was pregnant, I couldn't wait to find out what we were having. I don't know why I was so anxious this second time around to find out, but I was counting down the days until we got the news if a boy was on the horizon or a precious little girl was gracing us with her presence. My doctor doesn't allow extra sonograms unless something goes awry so June 24 is the date I've been dreaming about. You can actually find out what you're having at 16 weeks so I was going to have to wait an extra 4 weeks until we knew the sex. I talked to Justin about it and his theory was why would we pay for an extra sonogram when we're paying for one in June that gives us the ability to find out? I just didn't get it. Why would we want to wait when we could get an extra sonogram for $59 a WHOLE month earlier? I know. I'm crazy and spoiled and impatient but that's just me. Hah! So... we went to dinner with some friends for an early birthday gathering for me Friday night and he slipped me a birthday card before we left for dinner. Inside was written, "Boy or girl? Let's find out together" with cash for us to get a sonogram. I was so excited! I hadn't spoken of my frustration for a week and had just released my want to get an extra sonogram. I was getting a little ridiculous about it. (-: So, I immediately started calling sonogram places yesterday morning trying to find one that could get us in that day. I found one and we went in to find out. I made sure my tummy was full of food so the little one would be active and, boy oh boy, it was! When the specialist went to the mystery area, I immediately saw what was confirmed. A boy!!! Yes, we're having a boy! Justin and I were so excited! This time around, Justin wasn't being shy about saying he wanted a boy and I've always told him he was the one in charge of that. Haha! I actually found a few cute things on Zulily today and already bought a few adorable outfits for this little man that hasn't even been named yet! He was so active waving a bunch, kicking, and sucking his thumb. It was so cute! His little footprint pushed right up for us to count all five toes in a perfect row. What a miracle! So...here we go! We're going to have a boy and can't wait to see him make his grand entrance 11/11/11!!!

Yes, the arrow is pointing to his "peepee". The bottom picture is at an angle as if he were sitting down and you were looking up so his legs are on each side and the "turtle" is in the middle. Haha!

2 comments:

Ci said...

Congratulations! What a fantastic story!

Casey said...

AWWW...love that the hubs surprised you :) And you are just gonna love having a boy!!!! Haisley will be a great big sister!