We kicked off the Easter festivities with our town's annual egg hunt and she couldn't have enjoyed it more. They had a hunt, followed with bounce houses and a petting area. She can't get enough of these things so we had a great time. Some friends of ours met us there which made it even better!
We had such a blast in my hometown for Easter. Haisley hadn't seen my family since Christmas so she was overjoyed to get to spend time with everyone. We hit several Easter egg hunts and just spent quality time with the family. She really enjoyed Easter this year and we loved watching her experience it to the fullest! I tell ya, every year gets better even when I think it can't!
She would shake each egg to make sure it had something in it before it was "accepted" into her basket. That's my girl!
Look, momma, I found one!
Does it get anymore perfect than this? Sorry! I'm a proud momma!
My two favorite people!
Here's baby Grant loving his Easter egg!
She was obsessed with this speckled chicken. She would try and pick it up and hug it!
This llama took our food right from Haisley's hand the second we went into the petting area. It totally freaked Haisley out! No fear!
Being silly!
How sweet!
Bunnies!
It was very difficult to get her out of this thing thanks to the speckled chicken!
Once we arrived in Bartlesville, OK we started at the city's egg hunt. They had a fire truck and she thought she was pretty special getting to experience it. We have a fire station very close to our house so we hear and see them ALL the time. She's just never seen one that wasn't racing down the street!
When they blew the whistle, she immediately sprinted to the middle of the pasture of eggs and started picking them up fast. It was hilarious! What 2-year-old runs past all of those eggs to the middle? Too funny!
See? All of the kids stayed at the edges and there's miss Haisley in the middle!
Going at it!
She ran back over to show everyone all of her eggs!
Nanny helped her open them up.
Uncle Bracky and MiMi got into the prize eggs also!
I think Nanny was as excited as her!
She is all about Papa! She can't get enough of him!
This is Uncle Bracky's truck we rode around in that weekend. She's about the same height as the tire which was hilarious!
Nanny had a cupcake project for Haisley to do which she loved. She would touch the chocolate icing on the cupcake and say, "Oops!" and then lick her finger. Nanny went along with it which was so funny! Grandchildren do no wrong, right??
I love these two!
Cute!

Then, we headed to our family's church's Easter egg hunt. She had so much fun, of course!

Poor Haisley! It was a little sunny for this pic!
The night before Easter Sunday, we decorated Easter eggs with cousins Heather and Ashlyn. They loved it!
This wasn't easy to keep it all tidy. So hard for me but I just had to let it go. We ended up with a bunch of cracked eggs but hopefully some great memories!
Uncle JerryDon being silly!

I put together an Easter basket for her to open. She loved the Pez dispenser.
She would eat them one after the other and not stop until they were all gone. I didn't realize this for awhile as I thought she was sharing with her cousins. Nope, notta! All her!
Me and Justin!
Nanny with miss Haisley!
Easter Sunday dress

Isn't she beautiful?


1 comments:
My little Princess looks Beautiful in her Easter Dress. Hugs and Kisses from Peepaw.
Post a Comment