Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sitting Up

Haisley is learning to sit up which is a huge milestone for us mommies. It is the first step in their road to independence. She has been practicing sitting up for several weeks now so I decided to get the camera out last week and catch her in the act. The problem is, she seems to know when the camera comes out and loses her concentration all together! She was sitting up on her own for several minutes when she heard the camera turn on. Here's a couple of "attempts" of getting this momentous moment for the history books.

Attempt #1:

Attempt #2:



On Another Note: Today marks a year from when my step-dad, Daw, passed away. It has been a whirlwind of emotions this year. When I look at videos like these of Haisley it is bittersweet. I guess Daw has a front-row seat to all of these milestones. Even though they never met, I feel like they have and he is so proud of his first grandbaby and all of her firsts. We miss you Daw!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss my little Princess so much, I can't wait to see you guys next week.
Love, Your Dad

Andrea said...

You're right she is on her way to independece...this is such an exciting time for you. Have fun, it only comes once.

Andrea said...

You're right she is on her way to independece...this is such an exciting time for you. Have fun, it only comes once.