As we embark on a new year, I think this is the most I have ever contemplated what I want to do or accomplish this year than ever before. Blame it on being too sleep-deprived or maybe just not taking the time to reflect in past year, I feel like this year could be the best yet. I look back on 2010 and realize how amazing my life is and how challenging it can be sometimes too. Last year, I helped raise a pretty gosh darn amazing little girl, jumped back on the working out bandwagon, made it a focus to cultivate my friendships to a deeper level, and continue to create a home that Justin looks forward to coming home to every night, and I turned 30!
I never understand why people older than me somehow knew more than me about life but the older I get the more I realize there will always be someone older than me that knows more but no one knows as much about my life as I do. Judgment on others is a very nasty trait to have and I must admit, I have been on both sides of judgment. One thing that has been a learning experience is to not worry about what others think about you but only strive to be the best you can be. With God's grace, I strive for the best but somehow fail every day. I pray that the people that judge me will come to an understanding it doesn't really matter what they think of me. It really matters where they stand with God because only He can truly judge us.
So, as we go into a new year, I strive to grow from the inside out. I am focusing on God more, whatever the cost. Yes, I said it. Facebook might not be the first thing I turn to in the morning. The Bible app on my iPhone will be my first go-to app...gasp! Whatever God chooses to throw at me this year, I know He will be beside me as we sift through this concoction called Life.
Galatians 5:22 (The Message) -
"But what happens when we live God's way? He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard-things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people."



4 comments:
What's the Bible app? I've looked for one and don't see any I like. I want it!
Search for "bible" and it should be the first one that comes up by LifeChurch.tv. It's really good! Even has daily devotions, notes you can add and you can even highlight your favorite verses. It has every translation your heart desires. Enjoy!
Yay! Fresh Starts are always enlightening! I hope that your 2011 brings amazing things, but I have no doubt it will when God is put first!
This year will be one of your best years, Tweetybird. I love you, Your Dad
Post a Comment