Things I am missing now that Haisley is getting bigger:
1. The car seat that would magically sit on the grocery cart where she would be perfectly content and comfortable while shopping. Not anymore, my friends! I still hate the grocery store and don't know if I will ever enjoy this place.
Number one reason: only food will keep Haisley happy in this place. So, if she runs out, I have to buy another box of mini Vanilla wafers just to make it through the last 10 minutes of grocery shopping.
Number two reason: She is bored by the "cars" she rides in while we're shopping as she's been driving them for a year now. Can you imagine what it will be like when she's driving? Oh boy!
Number three: When we drive up to Wal-Mart or Albertson's, she says, "No, mommy" and I have to force her out of the car and lug her up in my arms just so she doesn't drag her feet into the store.
Number four: She thinks she needs to grab everything within reach at check-out and those "things" are becoming more and more the longer her little arms are growing.
Number five: The straps on the shopping cart won't snap on her anymore so she is prone to stand-up in the cart when I'm not watching which scares me beyond belief. (Yes, I am a glass half-empty kinda girl)
2. Her sweetness ~ You would think being two years old would be easy. I mean, she's only two, right? Then why does it seem like she's turned into me when I hit puberty and talks back at everything I want her to do and does everything opposite of what's expected of her? Sometimes I wonder who is this person inhabiting my precious little girl and when will she be back? Oh yeah, in about two minutes after she has a "come to Jesus moment" in time-out and says, "I'm sorry, Mommy. I love you" and gives me a kiss and hug.
3. Her toys ~ I mean, how many toys does one little girl need? Apparently a whole room worth plus a toy chest and every open space we have in our garage. Since every time I hand Justin another plastic bin to put in the attic and he says, "April, there is NO space up there anymore" I guess I need to donate some of these toys. But, then what do I do when I have another little one running around (no, I'm not pregnant, but I am a planner) with toddler toys to play with? Did I mention all of her toys are pink? Let's just hope our next child is a girl or the boy will think pink is the new blue.
4. Her weight ~ Okay, I know we're not supposed to talk about weight as a female, but should God had given me a 31 pound toddler? I'm not so sure as I get many comments from strangers that mostly sound like this, "She's almost as big as you." I love you, Haisley, but I think you might outgrow me before the end of elementary school. Come on, girl! You might follow in your daddy's footsteps as a kick-butt basketball player in high school.
5. Her crib ~ Without that one gate on the front of her crib, I have had to start adding a sentence to her prayers that sounds something like this, "Lord, I pray that Haisley will stay in her bed so she won't get a spanking with the spoon." Yes, I said it. We use the spoon. It is something that works for us. Don't worry, Nanny, I have only used it a couple of times so only the threat of it works. So, no, she won't need therapy when she's an adult, hopefully (:, over the spoon.
I am not complaining. Okay, maybe a little. She is such a fabulous little girl and will always be perfect to me. Hopefully, these things I miss will be replaced with things I love. Just a transitional moment for one momma in Texas. Whew, I feel a little better now!


1 comments:
My little Princess is always sweet when she is with her Peepaw. LOL Love you guys. Keep up the good work
Post a Comment