We have been very busy like most families this time of year trying to make all of our children's dreams come true, attend every family gathering and party and maybe even a little fun while running around with our heads cut off. I am going to apologize up front for this long post filled with pictures but I couldn't cut any out. Each one has a story behind it that means something. We started off the holiday season with giving back. This was our second year to adopt a family in need and this year we partnered up with our neighbors to financially provide for this family and then had some help with donations from several friends that made this family's Christmas become extra special. I always feel like they give more to us than we do them with their smiles and gratefulness. I hope we can continue to do this every year.
We started off Christmas gatherings with the Rader's and had a great time! They are always so welcoming and we even have a little fun like only the Rader's can do with games and great food! Thanks Uncle Tony and Aunt Sharon for hosting. Always a treat!
Haisley and I wanted to get some time in with my dad and step-mom and the rest of their family so we went there a few days and had a FABULOUS time! They are always gracious hosts and wine and dine us. We feel the love! We had good food, fun Christmas light viewings, and Santa visited their house with lots of presents for the little ones, and us adults even got a few goodies!
We came home and grabbed Justin to head to Oklahoma to see my mom and her family. We got to enjoy Christmas Eve with my great-grandmother and several of her children and their families with a night of food, fellowship and singing. Christmas morning was at my mom and step-dad's house to watch Haisley open more presents. Can I say spoiled? That afternoon, we went to my grandma and grandpa's house in the country to eat a yummy Christmas lunch, open more presents and play games with my mom's two brothers and their families. Needless to say, by the time we got home, we were exhausted from our travels! We always call Christmas a "trucker's Christmas" as we put a lot of miles on the ol' Hyundai.
It has been a fabulous 2010. Can't wait to see what 2011 holds!
I forgot to post a few pictures from the Gaylord ICE exhibit we went to with Brandi (Justin's sister) and Lou (our brother-in-law) when they were here for Thanksgiving. It was so much fun!
Brandi and Lou cheesin' it up also!
Here are the wrapped gifts we gave to the family in need. They also got gently used bikes we found on Craigslist (3 total - one for each child), Christmas dinner fixin's, and so many clothes, toiletry items, and other miscellaneous items.
This little girl was so cute! She just turned three and I wanted to take her home with me! They had a simple duplex apartment with the bare necessities. I think the mom had just bought a tree that day with a few gifts under it. Boy, was she excited when she saw the filled stockings, bikes, wrapped presents, food and boxes of gently used clothing, linens, Christmas decor, etc. I can't wait to take Haisley next year and give her a glimpse into other people's lives. I remember growing up and thinking everyone lived just like we did. That's one of the many things I love about seeing the world through a child's eyes.
I never talk about singing at church but most weekends I spend the majority of Sunday at church singing in the choir. We also have practice every Thursday night. I have grown to love this group of people. Here are some of the many friends I've acquired. This was us in between Christmas services hanging out in the cafe. There are between 25-35 of us singing each weekend. I sang in three of the six Christmas services they had over a week's span. We were traveling the rest of the services that I couldn't sing in.

Our little family!

I couldn't resist this cute tutu!
Haisley giving Madelyn, our cousin, a hug for her Christmas gift. So cute!
Aunt Sharon talking to Haisley at the Rader Christmas. Notice Haisley's new sequined purse?

She even got a new embroidered bag for "school"!
Lovin' on her new pink piggy
LaDana playing with Haisley. I love Haisley's smile in this picture!
Madelyn and Haisley - Madelyn is a little over 2 years older than Haisley but I think Haisley will be catching up to her in height pretty quickly. Haisley is extra tall for her age. This is the little girl that gives Haisley her gently used wardrobe and I will be very sad when Haisley catches up to her and the beautiful clothes and shoes no longer come our way. ):
This was on our trip to see my dad and his family. Haven (our niece) and Haisley are 7 months apart and play well together. They love the doggies at PeePaw and MeeMaw's house!
The girls loved their snowman!
Austin (our nephew) with his new gun we bought him. He was obsessed with this thing!

Haven admiring her new boots we got her for Christmas!
Haisley LOVES to read so she was very excited when she got a new book (among many, many other things).
We went to the local university where they had a Christmas light viewing ride you could take. PeePaw and MeeMaw treated us to a great experience! So fun!
Yes, it was FREEZING!

PeePaw (my dad) and MeeMaw (my step-mom)
MeeMaw, Cassie (one of my step-sisters) and her son, Austin
Haisley, moi, and Amber (my sister) on the horse ride
These houses were decked out! These pictures don't do it justice!
Spectacular!
In front of the university they have different Christmas displays set-up with music and moving characters throughout. Very cool, especially for the kiddos!
Cinderella

Santa with Thomas The Train
Haisley was so thankful for her gifts that she had to give MeeMaw kisses!

PeePaw loved his gift we got him and, of course, he had to be silly!
Once we got home, we opened presents a few days early so we had less to travel with to Oklahoma. She gets so excited over the things you wouldn't think she would and could care less about the stuff you think she'll go crazy over. So funny!
Still looking at Woody from Toy Story
Next up, Oklahoma ~ Christmas Eve for the past several years, Jared (my cousin), Aunt Marya and I lead the family in Christmas songs. This is a tradition I hope we keep for many years to come. The children love it!
Papa (my grandfather) and Haisley listening to us sing. She didn't quite know what to think of me leading the group in song. At church, she never sees me sing as she's in the nursery so she was kinda confused. So funny!

Ashlyn (my 2nd cousin) singing her song from the solo she had at her church's Christmas program. She sounded so pretty!
Haisley and I listening to Ashlyn sing
Nanny and Uncle JerryDon catering to Haisley
They got to open one present Christmas Eve and Haisley wasn't quite sure why she couldn't open more so she decided to try and open the empty ones under this tree.
Gigi (my great-grandmother), myself, and Haisley - Yes, it was late this evening and Haisley hadn't had a nap so ear pulling in every picture was inevitable. Somebody get this child a bed!
Christmas morning Haisley made out with presents from MiMi (my mom), Pops (my step-dad) and Uncle Bracky (Braxton, my brother)
At Nanny and Papa's house Christmas afternoon, she got so many presents. Once she got this princess helmet, there was no way this thing was coming off!

Enjoying one of her two scooters she got for Christmas!
Ashlyn chillin' with one of her new books.
Pops, Jared (cousin) and Chris (cousin)
Hannah and Aunt Marya
Me and Nanny (my grandmother)
This is what we do best ~ Mule Train
This pretty much sums up our Christmas - Exhausting but heavenly!


3 comments:
I just want you to know I love reading your blog! I know how much work goes into writing posts :-) I love your pics, love seeing Haisley grow up, and love seeing how you and Justin are doing!
@Czarina-Thanks! Yes, you know very well how much time and effort these blog posts take. I enjoy reading your blog too. I caught up with y'all today. Love how honest you always are. I tend to keep my mouth shut a lot on here so I don't scare away my family from reading. Haha! Maybe my NY resolution will be to be more open on here. We will see~
April, Your Dad is so proud of you keeping up this Blog. I know it takes allot of time to do. Haisley will love looking back on this and reading and looking at all the pics. Justin and you are great parents. Keep up the good work. I love you and your family. Love forever, Your Dad
Post a Comment