Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Haisley Turns 2!!!

September 5th marked Haisley's 2nd birthday. We decided to go all out just like last year. I just can't help myself. Since her birthday falls on Labor Day weekend, a lot of family is able to come and join in the fun. Haisley is into a lot of different things but one of her favorite things is Nemo right now. If you don't know who Nemo is, he is a cute little clownfish from a Disney Pixar movie. Of course, I never research what's available for the theme I pick until I'm too far into the party planning to change my mind. Nonetheless, Nemo decor discontinued several years ago, so I had to spend too many hours to speak of researching how to get my hands on Nemo decorations. I had to make a lot of them myself. We had her party at Leapin' Lizards in North Richland Hills (about 20 minutes from our house) and the kids had a blast jumping in the bounce houses. Haisley is obsessed with slides and all of the bounce houses have them so we were good to go! I especially picked this place because one of their party rooms is ocean themed which goes perfectly with Nemo who lives in the ocean :). Since I was the party planner, photographer, cake and cupcake decorator, and the mother of the party, I didn't get all of the pictures I would have liked of family members and all of our friends, but you'll have to forgive me. I try to be SuperMom but failed miserably on this one!

This was her birthday invitation I handmade, scrapbook style. She is a little fish!


Haisley anticipating the long drop to the bottom of the slide.

Okay, I love this picture. This shows how much fun the adults had just watching the kids in the bounce houses. Hilarious!

Haisley taking the plunge!

I like how everyone is looking at the birthday girl in this one!

Daddy had to go on several of the activities with her. She is still a bit timid on some things. Tall climbing equipment is one of 'em.

My nephew, Austin, and step-mom, Monica grabbing a picture with the lizard mascot.

Alexis - Such a beautiful little girl

Haisley's great-grandparents - Papa and Nanny (my mom's parents and my most favorite grandparents!)

Harrison going for it!

Marian was gracious enough to help with the kiddos going up and down the slides.

Brianna and Matt

Catching Justin enjoying the slides

Grace - so precious!

Bryn having a blast!

My Uncle Tony and his granddaughter, Beth

Uncle Bracky (Braxton, my brother)

Okay, she got a little scared in one of the play jungle gyms. Daddy had to rescue her!

MiMi (my mom, Kay) and Pops (my step-dad, Garyon)

Kensi (girlfriend) and Uncle Cody (my step-brother) - Aren't they cute together?

Our cousin, Zach

My niece and nephew (Haven and Austin)

Family picture by the cake table

Group picture

Our little girl growing up WAY too fast!

Blowing out her two candles

Cake time!

She got stuck on the first present she opened. After that, the other kids pretty much helped open up the presents. She just couldn't get past the Mickey Mouse piano book.

She loves this My First Playhouse that PeePaw and MeeMaw got her!

I had this outfit made for her. If you look closely at the front, there is a Nemo on it. Yes, she is spoiled if you were wondering!

Okay, this is it! The cake and cupcakes I spent a full week on. It turned out well though, so it was worth all of my effort!

Close-up of the cake. It's covered in fondant I marbalized. I hand-sculpted all of the ornamentations on the cake. I am not an artist by any stretch of the imagination but somehow I can copy some things if I see a picture of it. Weird, huh?

I made these turtle and fish chocolate lollipops. They were added to the party favors.

This is the table the kids ate on. I laminated pictures of her I have captured along with water animals and made them as the placemats.

Nemo, thanks for giving me Haisley's inspiration for her 2nd birthday party. I wonder what next year will be? Who knows! Stay tuned to find out. It will be here in a blink!

2 comments:

Marya said...

Wow April. Everything looks so professional. You did a really good job. Haisley - sorry we missed the party but we hope you love your purse.

Kev and Erica said...

Wow! Can you plan Elliott's first birthday? I am so impressed! You should start a business. :)