Monday, May 24, 2010

Cinco de Mayo

Cinco de Mayo is a celebration of the Mexican heritage. Even though we aren't Mexican, our family has a reason to party. It's my daddy's birthday! Last year, Haisley and I went for the day to celebrate and we decided to do it again this year! Even though I'm exhausted by the 2 hour trip there and back and taking care of Haisley on a trip by myself, it's all worth it when I see how happy my dad is by our presence. He didn't know we were coming but he knew something was up somehow. We just can't seem to surprise him! My sister and niece came for lunch also and we finished off the day by going to the park to feed the ducks and play on the playground. I didn't get very many good pictures outside because it was very sunny. Thanks for having us for the day PeePaw and MeeMaw! Love you guys!

My sister, Amber, our daddy and me

It takes awhile for Haisley to warm up to my dad for some reason. I don't understand it but sometimes there's nothing we can do but give her time to remember how much she loves him. This is how she was for the whole lunch. She didn't even eat which is so not like her! But by the time lunch was over, she was in his arms and all was good!

I made daddy a buttercream cake. Yumm!

It's the Superman logo. He's a Super Daddy AND a Super PeePaw!

Haven, our niece, loves the camera. I can get her to smile whenever I want!

My sister and I

Back at the house MeeMaw and PeePaw have a PlayDoh table that the kids love to play on. Haisley had never played with PlayDoh and seemed to like it. I know! Am I a bad mom for never letting her play with the stuff? I just know who will have to clean it up :).

Haven and Haisley having a ball together!

This is my dad kissing Haisley on the cheek. LOVES this picture!

The ducks

Oh yeah, they love the slides!

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

So much fun!

The girls! They are 7 months apart and the older they get, the more they play together!

Bye, PeePaw! We love you! Mwah!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peepaw loves the pictures, I had the best Birthday ever. I love you April.