Monday, May 17, 2010

Really? We can't be turning 30!

The first weekend in May we went to my hometown to celebrate Chris, my cousin's, 30th birthday. Haisley has always done really well on long trips but I think we're done with that for awhile. We leave Friday night once Justin gets home from work and drive during Haisley's nighttime. But this time she didn't sleep the whole way! She went to bed at 1:30 am once we got there! She tried to sleep but the bright lights of the semi trucks passing us on the highway bothered her and she would cry and moan. Not fun for anyone in the car.

You would think since she went to bed so late she would sleep in the next morning but that wasn't the case. She was up at 7am ready to take on the day. We had a good trip even with the lack of sleep but are always ready to come home to our own beds and Haisley's crib :). Pack and plays are a joke!

This is my white baby grand piano I grew up with so Haisley and I decided to give it a spin. My music was still stored in the seat and it felt like time had reversed as I played my old music. So many memories at this piano.

My cousin, Lindsey, and her baby, Xander, came over to hang out. Isn't he cute? Such a happy baby!

We had fun getting him to smile!

He looks so much like his daddy!

Can you tell we love our nanny? This is my brother, Braxton, and our grandma.

Me with Nanny and Papa

The birthday boy, Chris. We are 6 weeks apart. My mom and his dad are twins :).

Haisley had fun on the slide at the park. She went down the slide so many times that everyone took turns going up and down the playground with her. I think we were more tired than her!

Our cousin, Ashlyn

I see you!

Some of the guys - From Left to Right: Uncle Ray, Garyon (my mom's husband), Uncle JerryDon, Chris and Braxton

I threw together a cake for his birthday. We are big OU fans so I thought this would be appropriate.

Aren't the trees so pretty? Anything else look a little different? Sorry Haisley but it was too cute not to take a picture of :).

Happy little girl!

The guys decided to have a horseshoe competition. I think every guy had their tongue sticking out. It must give an edge to the game.

Go Chris!

My Aunt Marya, Uncle JerryDon, and cousin Hannah. Hannah had surgery recently and is in a cast. No fun!

Some days she likes to swing, other days not so much. This was a good day!

I love her!

Nanny - we love you! Our biggest blog reader fan!

MiMi (my mom) and Haisley having fun as usual! Can't wait to see everyone again soon!

2 comments:

Becky McCord said...

Cute pic on the swings!!!

Andrea said...

I know what park, Osage. We've had birthday parties in that same spot =). Is Lindsey living back in town now?