Wednesday, December 30, 2009

White Christmas

This has been the most unique Christmas we have ever experienced. We stayed home for Christmas and celebrated Jesus' birth (and Santa's arrival) with just the three of us. It was very sweet and humbling. Justin and I are used to having snow pretty oftem being from Oklahoma but in DFW we typically just get ice so when it snowed Christmas Eve, we were very excited. It hasn't snowed here on Christmas Day since 1926. I told Justin this might be the last white Christmas we experience in Fort Worth. How crazy is that?

Haisley was so much fun to watch as she opened presents. She got the hang of it pretty quickly. She thoroughly enjoyed each present she opened. She would play with the toy or have Justin or myself read her the new book before she would move on to the next present. I'm sure next year won't be so laid back. We haven't started many traditions on our own yet but we did let her open a present Christmas Eve. Next year, we will start reading the birth of Christ and talking more about it being Jesus' birthday.

Our house with snow on it!

Haisley loved looking at the snow falling. She would wave at the snow and say "hi"!
Here is Avery, our dog, running in from outside. So cute! We laid out all of Haisley's presents in front of the tree for her to open. She loved all of the wrapping, tissue and bows.

Daddy and Haisley playing - what they do best!

Haisley dancing!


Did I say how much I love her?
By the way, this is one of her new outfits that PattiCake and PoppaD got her for Christmas. It's my new favorite outfit on her! She looks like a live doll in blue, don't you think?
These are just some of the images I never get on camera but now I will get them every time! Justin and I bought ourselves a new camera that is amazing! So much crisper, clearer and very quick so we capture every amazing moment of our lives.

She thought this bow was supposed to go on her head. That's my girl!

Say cheese!

She loved her new toy and Justin had fun showing her how it worked.

Smile!

I love this picture. She is taking in my kiss on her cheek. Breathtaking for a mommy to see!
CHRISTMAS MORNING
This is her first glimpse of her toys under the Christmas tree Christmas morning.

It didn't take her long to pick out a present and start unwrapping.

Daddy reading her one of her new books.

Can you tell we have the exact same facial expression in this picture? Kinda cool!

Her new backpack Nanny and Papa got her. She loves it! It has rollers and she loves strolling around the house with it.

Merry Christmas!

She got ahold of an ornament a couple of days before Christmas. I couldn't resist taking a picture of her admiring the tree.

This is a toy she got from Uncle JerryDon, Aunt Marya, Jared and Hannah for her birthday. We stroll her around the house in it. It hasn't been outside yet but will be in the Spring. She loves it!

0 comments: