Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Haisley and I flew to Oklahoma this past weekend to visit family while Justin went on a guy's camping trip. I fly out of Dallas Love Field which is farther from the house but a lot smaller than DFW Airport and Southwest is usually $25 - $50 cheaper than other airlines since they don't charge for luggage. This time they asked if Justin wanted to go to the gate with me to help which helped a ton! It's not easy carrying a tot around the airport by yourself! Haisley was much more active on the flights this time than last time. She was curious about every little knob, cushion and button. I was exhausted by the time we landed. MiMi bought a car seat so we didn't have to take ours which made it a little complicated when we landed since neither my mom nor myself had ever installed one. Once we got it secure we were off for a fun-filled weekend! MiMi had everyone over for dinner Friday night so Haisley was able to show them her crawling skills and other new things she does. We went to Sunfest (annual craft fair) and the Kiddie Park on Saturday. I have so many memories of both of these places. It was fun to go back and let Haisley experience things I did when I was little. Next year, she'll be able to ride more rides. We only rode the carousel and train this time. We had so much fun!

Justin found another tooth this morning! Now she has her two bottom teeth! It's barely poking out but within a few weeks it will be shining for the world to see. I brushed her teeth today for the first time and it didn't bother her at all. It probably didn't hurt it was fruit flavored! Also, she is crawling around everywhere now. She will crawl to the entertainment center and reach out to touch one of the electrical equipment and I'll tell her "no". She looks up at me and giggles. So I started swatting her hand which doesn't phase her at all either. It looks like she's going to be a little bit rebellious. I wonder where she got that from!

Daddy was so nice to hang out at the gate terminal with us before we flew to Tulsa.
She thought the window on the plane was pretty cool.


She loves to wave at everything and everybody!


Nanny (my grandma) and Haisley

My brother, Braxton, and me at our mom's house. He turns 16 in July! That makes me old!!!

Great Uncle JerryDon (my mom's younger brother) and Haisley being silly

MiMi (my mom) and Haisley

Ashlyn and Heather (our cousins) went to the Kiddie Park with us.

She loved the train ride!

This was her smiling before the carousel started moving. Once it started moving, she wasn't so happy. I had to take her off of the horse and hold her. It went pretty fast. I felt a little sick afterwards myself. Sorry, Haisley! Uncle Braxton "Bracky" (my brother) rode with us. What a trooper!
Great Uncle Ray (my mom's twin brother) and Haisley at the Kiddie Park

At the church nursery

Marsha (family friend) and Haisley

Ashlyn loves Haisley!

From L to R: Great Aunt Marya and Max & Mavis Patton (Marsha's parents) admiring Haisley.

Haisley pushing up on the carpet. She couldn't quite pull up on my mom's couch so she tried the carpet instead. Too cute!

This was her on the way to the airport to go home. She didn't nap well the whole time and she finally gave up but didn't want to give up her toy!

4 comments:

Czarina said...

whew! what a weekend! the last picture tells it all!

Amanda said...

We went back to Bartlesville this past weekend, also. I always love to go back for Sunfest! Haisley is adorable! It looks like y'all had a great weekend!

Sarah said...

Wow! For whatever reason all the sudden she looks so grown up. These girls are changing so fast! What a fun time with your family!

Katie Ankney (Gailey) said...

Hey April, Justin and Haisley!! I have been looking at your myspace for updates recently and totally forgot about this page you have setup so I finally got back around to looking at it and I love the updates!! She is such a cutie!! They're growing so fast! I read your blog about how you don't think people read this and I have been a follower for a while! Keep it up I like the updates!!

Love to you all!

Cousin Katie