Monday, May 4, 2009

8 Months!!!

I can't believe Haisley is 8 months old tomorrow! I think I say this every month, but it's true. She is becoming a toddler and it is exhilarating and sad at the same time. I have no idea how much she weighs since she's been healthy this month and we haven't taken her to the pediatrician but she is definitely growing. We are swaddle free now so her naps are pretty funny to watch her put herself to sleep. I put her on one side of the crib and by the time she falls asleep she's done a "180", is at the other side of the crib and is usually on her tummy with her bottom up in the air. Don't forget her hand on her ear and paci in mouth. If she only knew we can see her every move with our video monitor. To all you soon-to-be moms out there, this is a must! Babies cry a lot in their crib when nothing's wrong and this lets you sneak a peak without having to go into the room and start the "cry it out" clock all over again!

This month she has started thinking about crawling a lot more. She goes from a sitting position, reaches forward and goes to her tummy. Then she attempts to pick herself up by pushing her bottom in the air. The legs haven't caught on yet but I think any day, crawling will begin! She tries to pull up on things also but, once again, the legs don't seem to know what to do yet. She's still talking up a storm, loves to play peek-a-boo, jump in her jumperoo, play ball (mommy taught her this one!), pull at grass and put her hands in dirt (this must be something Daddy has taught her), look at pictures of herself and any baby and giggle, and dance. As you can see, she is definitely becoming more aware of her surroundings and I'm so glad to get to watch and be a part of it!

Solids are fun to explore with her also. She loves pretty much everything I give her. She's had acorn, butternut and yellow squash, zucchini, yams, carrots, bananas, peas, avocados and pears. Every week we're adding to this list. Cheerios and puffs are in the plan this week also. I've attempted the sippy cup with her too. She understands the concept but isn't interested at all. We're going to try a different brand and see if she likes it better. Here are some pictures from last month. Enjoy!

These two pictures were taken at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens a couple of weeks ago. We met up with some of my friends and their babies for a picnic during the week.
These are some of our friends' babies from our married Bible study group. We've had the meetings at our house the past three times. We have two teenager girls come over and take care of the kids (usually 6 of them) in a room upstairs while we (18-20 adults) do the study. It works out really well and the kids seem to enjoy it also. From L to R (Alexis - 9 mths, Addison - 7 mths and Haisley)
Thanks PattiCake and PoppaD for this cell phone from Christmas. It's one of her favorite toys. She talks on the phone when mommy talks on her phone!
Just posing for the camera!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

She's getting so big and she so cute. I love all the hair bows - something we don't have in our house with two little boys =).

Melissa Darby said...

that last pic of the two of you is precious! happy mother's day :)

Casey said...

She's getting so big. They grow so fast. We are getting ready to celebrate Owen's 1st birthday on Friday, I can't believe.
I saw she's not into sippy cups very well, we use Nubby ones and they seem to work really well. They have handles and are soft. Just a suggestion.

She's a doll April!