For all of my loyal blogging friends, I thought I should give you an update on my pregnancy. Tomorrow I will be 39 weeks pregnant. Yes, folks, I am 10 months pregnant and looking every bit of it! Well, the last few days have been a little dramatic. First off, I have started going to the doctor weekly for about a month now and at my first check at 37 1/2 weeks pregnant, I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced which I was shocked about. With Haisley, I was 1 cm a few days before I had her but up until that point of getting checked, there was nothing, notta, no progress. I ended up getting induced on her due date and had a normal, vaginal birth with that amazing epidural I might add. Well, this pregnancy has been, let's just say, different. For 7 weeks now, I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions and the past couple of weeks, they have become a lot more intense. With Haisley, I started having them a couple weeks before I had her.
When I went to the doctor Monday, I was 3 cm dilated, 50% effaced and at a -1 station. I couldn't believe it! My body actually knows I'm pregnant this time and is making preparations for labor and delivery. Amazing! Yesterday, I started having contractions around noon and they started getting closer together and more uncomfortable as the day went on. So frequent and uncomfortable, I decided we should go to the hospital to check it out after calling the on-call nurse to make sure I wasn't crazy. We went, and after three hours of getting checked, filling out paperwork and answering 101 questions on how many piercings and tattoos I have, surgeries I've been put under for, family medical history and walking around the labor and delivery ward, they sent me home. Of course when I got to the hospital, the contractions lessened and weren't as frequent. Ahhh! So frustrating. I left being 3 cm dilated still but an increase of 60% effaced and at a -1.
This morning, I was getting ready and realized I lost my mucous plug. If you don't know what this is, be thankful. It sounds as disgusting as it is. I thought that meant I was going into labor so I called the on-call nurse again and she said it's just the beginning stages of labor and I possibly won't go into labor for a few days or so. Really, are you kidding me??!! So, it looks like I am still pregnant and who knows how much longer I will be. If I wasn't paranoid already, I truly am now. Every time I stand up or move too quickly I think my water is going to break. I think I need to invest in some Depends! To Be Continued...
Thursday, November 3, 2011
Contractions, Emergency Hospital Runs and Mucous Plugs, Oh My!!!
Posted by Justin and April at Thursday, November 03, 2011
Labels: pregnancy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment