BE FOREWARNED!!!
This has pictures of me with a martini. Yes, I do have a drink from time to time and am very responsible when I do have a drink. I can have a drink and still be a woman of integrity. I love you Nanny and hope you still love me after this blog (:
I do love daytime birthday fun, but there's something about the nighttime that brings out a certain amount of extra fun. I think because time slows down at night. There aren't appointments to make, naptimes to follow, and lunches to make. I got all my girlfriends together the night before I turned in my 20s hat and put on my 30s diva hat and went to Sushi Axiom in downtown Fort Worth. It was so great to have friends from all of my different circles and just hang out and have a good time. We got the private room to relax and have some fun drinks and eat some yummy sushi.
Sushi Axiom is known for their specialty martinis so some of us ordered one to make the sushi taste extra sweet. They were really good!
This is Shannon who I worked with when Justin and I first moved to the Dallas area. We have kept up over the years even though we have taken on different career paths. I even sang in her wedding a couple of years ago!
This is Rebecca next to me whom I met in my Bible study class I attend during the week and Marian, whom I know from church. Love these girls!
From L to R: Andrea (met at church), Sara (met through our couple's Bible study group), me, Jamie (my next door neighbor) and Brenna (she's on the praise team at church with me)
Rebecca ordered this vegetable sushi roll that's wrapped in cucumber. It looked so artistic!
Sushi that Sara and I shared
Me opening presents
Trying to imitate the cute card
Just having fun with the girls!
The formal pic of the evening
Had to do a silly pic
Brenna got me some wine for my b'day. It's sweet, of course :).
Rebecca got me an adorable bracelet. I wore it to church on Sunday and LOVED it!
Shannon got me a cooking class lesson at Central Market that we're taking in a few weeks together. Should be fun!
Really neat restaurant. Will definitely be going back!
A great evening!
On my birthday, Friday, June 11, Justin took me to Del Friscos which is a high-end restaurant that is known for its steak. We had fun dressing up and enjoying an evening together. My dad came for the day and stayed the night at our house so we could have some adult time. Thanks Daddy!


2 comments:
Love your blog! And this pics are beautiful. Thanks for your comment on my blog on destiny in bloom last week. Look forward to following you and meeting you some day. I love Miss Rebecca Gates. :)
Rena
www.tincangypsies.com
Awwww! Loved this! I had so much fun celebrating your birthday with you. It was an honor to have been invited. :)
Post a Comment