Monday, November 16, 2009

Shower Her With Love

We went to my hometown in Bartlesville, OK a couple of weeks ago to celebrate my cousin, Lindsey's, future arrival of her firstborn, Alexander. We threw her a shower and I made the cake. It was really hard traveling with several iced cakes and doing the fondant when I arrived but it all worked out and Lindsey was happy. We had a good visit and look forward to going home for the holidays. Haisley really had a good time seeing everyone again and the family fell in love with her all over again, like they always do!

Here's the cake I made! There are little animals on the bottom tier, polka dots on the second tier, and an "A" for Alexander, on the top. We can't wait to meet him!
My cousin, Lindsey, and I. My dad and her dad are brothers. We grew up together and are very tight! I love her and was so happy to see her little belly. So cute!
My mom and Marsha, one of our closest family friends, came up with this idea. Isn't it cute???

A close-up of the cake.

Sarah Beth made the diaper cake and my mom made the punch. The decorations were so adorable!

The hostesses - From L to R: Sarah Beth (Lindsey's sister-in-law), Kay (my mom/Lindsey's aunt), Tami (Lindsey's cousin), Marsha (close family friend), me and Lindsey

Haisley attended her first baby shower and loved all of the presents!

Thankfully Lindsey was okay with Haisley "breaking in" some of the shower gifts :).

Haisley with my brother, Braxton. Braxton is driving now and is all grown up. He's a junior in High School and is starting to talk about attending college. I'm so proud of him. He has turned into a great guy, like I knew he always would.

The fam (Braxton, my mom, Haisley, me and Justin)

Nanny had hip replacement surgery a couple of weeks ago and is staying at my moms for her recovery. Haisley loved walking with her with Nanny's temporary walker.

Haisley about to fall asleep at Sunday lunch on Papa. I love this picture!

Nanny stole as many kisses as she could and Haisley didn't seem to mind!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Beautiful cake April!!! Cute pictures too!

Sarah said...

Are you kidding that cake is unreal! Way to go! I am sure she loved it!

Anonymous said...

Looks like Lindsey had lots of fun, I hope she got lots of presents. She looks cute pregnant.
Love you,
Your Dad