Monday, November 3, 2008

Inspiration

I know a lot of you probably aren't Oprah fans but I just watched a show she had on last week about miracle babies. It was truly inspirational. I was really touched by a couple that had a little boy with a debilitating condition that gave him 99 days on this Earth. His father blogged and they took pictures of him everyday and even had a birthday party for him every month to celebrate the time he had with him. At his funeral they released 99 balloons to celebrate each day he had blessed them with his life. I was in tears! Of course I was watching this with Haisley in my arms. I looked down at her and then back at the TV just thanking God for her blessing us with her life. I am so honored that we were given her to bless us and will cherish every day I have with her. Here is the video. I hope it touches you like it did me.

4 comments:

Sara said...

I saw this too and cried! It gives us sucha great perspective. Celebrate life!

Tiffany Ramirez said...

I didn't see this show, but the video moved me to tears too. It's God's timing, I guess. Through a friend's blog, I discovered the blog of another family who has a two week old son born with Trisomy 18. They are asking everyone to pray for him and he is defying great odds. They are such a strong Christian famly and their courage as they walk this difficult path has overwhelmed me. Here is the link to their blog.
http://wittharrislupher.blogspot.com/

McElrath Family said...

I saw this show! OMG, talk about a cry-fest! They came across as a Christian couple w/a wonderful & Godly perspective.

Casey said...

Oh man I watched this show and I was holding Owen bawling my eyes out,just be so thankful for a healthy baby boy! There story gave me goosebumps.