Friday, February 3, 2012

2 Months Old Already...Where Does The Time Go?

On January 11, Stratton turned 2 months old.  He has truly melted our hearts with his sweet disposition. He is so laid back and just loves to smile big and make facial expressions that makes all of the late nights worth it. He raises his little eyebrows and sticks his little tongue out with a twinkle in his eyes that makes my heart overflow with joy. He is still waking up hungry once, but mostly twice, a night which makes a momma tired! I missed not seeing his face 24/7 but I prayed that he would sleep at least 5 or so hours straight. His pediatrician said this is normal and Haisley spoiled us with sleeping through the night at 8 weeks old. If he ever cries, it's because he's hungry or tired. But, it's only temporary because either Haisley's soothing him with his paci or rocking him in his car seat or giving him a hug and and kiss and saying, "It's okay, Stratton, Haisley's here. Don't cry, Stratton. I love you!" If Justin hears a peep out of him, he comes running to his side to comfort him also. I seem to just have to stand back and watch everyone run to him first! He's nursing at 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, 10pm, 2:30am and 5am. Maybe that's why he weighed 13lbs 4 oz at his two month appointment. Yeah, he's a big boy! He's starting to respond to our voices and coo back at us and follow movements and he LOVES lights. We are doing more tummy time which he despises and he loves to pedal his little legs on his back. It's the cutest thing ever! I think he's going to have a similar personality to Justin which is a perfect fit for our family since Haisley is a lot like me. We love him so!


My little chunky monkey!


So happy!


My dad with Stratton


Haisley and Haven (my niece) playing hop scotch.  So fun!


I was trying to teach them how.  It's been a long time!


PeePaw decided to see if Stratton could do it.  Haha!


So glad PeePaw and MeeMaw came for the day and brought Haven also. They had fun together!


Stratton and I after church


We went to see Beauty and the Beast 3D at the movies.  Haisley loved it!  It was her first 3D movie and she did great!


MiMi (my mom) got her this Belle costume for Christmas and she immediately had to go home after the movie and play dress-up.  She had Justin act out the scene where Beauty and the Beast fall in love while having fun feeding the birds.  I was in charge of keeping songs from the movie going on my iPhone.  Haha! It was so cute! 



It has been so beautiful outside that we went to the zoo for the first time this year.  Here are some of Haisley's good friends, Bryn and Harrison. Love these kids!



Notice the Fort Worth Zoo sign in the background?


It was Stratton's first time at the zoo!


He cheats when doing tummy time by resting his head on one of his arms.


Love him!


I think he's pretty cute!


We went to Dallas to visit my friend, Kathryn, and her two kids.  She had Owen 6 weeks after I had Stratton so the two put in some tummy time together.  Haha!


Haisley, Stratton, Owen and Aubrey


Here's Stratton rolling over.  I know, probably not exciting to most but he's just so darn cute to me!

1 comments:

Peepaw said...

I love all the pics you put on this site. I miss you guys lots. Thanks for taking time out to keep all of us posted on my sweet little Grandbabies.
Love, Your Dad