Saturday, October 22, 2011

Homestretch - I Can See The Light!

I am officially in the homestretch now.  Yesterday Stratton turned 37 weeks gestation so that means I'm full-term.  Woohoo!  Such a relief when being the sole lifeline to a little baby inside your womb.  It has been a great pregnancy but the last month has been a challenge.  I started having Braxton Hicks contractions at 32 weeks and they have been going strong ever since.  He definitely reminds me all day and night he is alive and well.  I went to the doctor on Wednesday and had my first "check" and there is no progress when it comes to dilation but he has officially dropped.  With that has come a shooting pain down my right buttocks all the way down my right heel.  It definitely causes some issues when trying to keep the house in order and keeping up with Haisley.  I have just learned to deal with the pain and keep moving.  The joys of being a mom but I wouldn't trade it for anything!  I have started going weekly to the doctor so hopefully some progression will start soon!

0 comments: