Haisley completed her first year of dance and did a great job! Haisley and I have been going to dance lessons once a week since last August (before she turned 2). It's amazing how much more mature she is. She still has a long ways to go but does great for a 2 year old in dance class. In her weekly class, they start out tumbling, then ballet, and finish with tap dancing. Her favorite is tap which is what their dance was for their Christmas recital. Her Spring recital was using ballet shoes. They even had a matching bear which was precious. During most practices leading up to the dance recital, the moms were asked to come in and be their practice audience. Haisley was always the most ornery by "accidentally" throwing her bear across the room multiple times during a 90 second song and twirling multiple times when they were only supposed to twirl once. She didn't throw her bear during the actual recital but she did do a bunch of twirls which was the hit of the show. The audience thought it was hilarious!
My mom has been paying for dance and we are so grateful for this gift she's giving Haisley. She has really enjoyed dance and we're even continuing summer lessons and start back in the Fall again to prepare for another year of dance.
My mom, dad, step-mom, step-sister, grandparents and Justin's parents came from out of town to cheer Haisley on. She was so excited to see everyone and we had a great weekend!
I had to put full makeup on her which was extremely stressful for both of us. Thankfully, I only have to do that once a year! Whoo!

Our little ballerina
Giggles!
Haisley during her dance performance
They did a finale bow.
So cute!
She loved the streamers that were sprayed on-stage at the finale!
I was so proud of her! She did fabulous!
Complete with flowers!
PoppaD and PattiCake (Justin's parents)
Our little family
MiMi (my mom) so proud of her ballerina!
Uncle Tony and Aunt "Shay-Shay" came too!
PeePaw (my dad) and MeeMaw (my step-dad)
Ashlyn (my niece) even came!
Nanny and Papa
Our precious little girl
Here's a video I took of her dance recital rehearsal the day before the actual recital. They wouldn't let us film the actual recital. She did so great! If you're viewing this on email, make sure to go to the actual blog to watch this precious video!


2 comments:
OK I know I already commented on facebook but I love love love this post. Her spin in the video is adorable and then I love how she was waving at you! That is a blast! Way to go!
Precious! Good job Haisley!
It made me remember when Moriah was that age and did her first recital and was in the Nutcracker.... time goes by so fast.
Love the wave to Mommy & Daddy!
Post a Comment