We finally did it. We went on vacation without Haisley! I hadn't been away from her for more than 15 straight hours (and that only happened once) since she was born so this was a big deal! We booked tickets months ago to New York City. Justin and I had never been so we were both excited to see the big apple. It was an experience of a lifetime! We saw as much as we could in a four day stay. It was fabulous! Justin's parents stayed with Haisley and she had a great time too so all was well for everyone! (I think Justin's parents had more fun than any of us!) Here are the least amount of pictures I could put on here and still feel like I could do our trip justice. I hope these pictures inspire you and make you want to go to NYC someday! Trust me, it's worth it!
This is the Apple store. It was really neat to see at night. You walk in and go down a spiral glass staircase to a huge Apple store. Very cool!
Tiffany & Co.
This was in the NBA store. Justin put his hand in Shaquille O'Neal's hand mold. Pretty cool!
This was an NBA player made out of Lego's.
These food stands are located all over NY but this was one of the coolest I saw.
Justin wanted to go inside Trump Tower so I agreed. We even saw some celebrities while there!
Yes, that is Donald Trump on the right. Up close and personal! Ivanka Trump had a book signing that evening so most of the family was there to support her.
Here's Ivanka going to her book signing!
Times Square - What a neat place. It is always filled with people. I heard so many different languages and most people I asked to take our picture didn't speak English. I did a lot of miming!
This billboard is where they drop the ball on New Year's Eve.
We went to a local French restaurant, Pigalles, right off of Times Square and had a nice dinner our first night in NYC. We got to talk with no interruption!
This was the view outside our hotel room. We even had a balcony which was nice. That is the Queensboro Bridge.
Here's another view outside our hotel room. What do you see but the Empire State building!
This is in Rockefeller Center and behind me is NBC News. We went to the Today Show!
Here's the Today Show studio.
This is one of the views at the top of Rockefeller Center. It gives you a glimpse into just how many people live and work here. Everything goes up!
It rained all day Thursday and was very cold as we walked the town. As you can see, very gloomy that day but still a great view of the Empire State building.
I've always wanted to do this. Maybe my next attempt can be of the Eiffel Tower :).
It's so cold!
We took a tour of the Rockefeller Center. It is a fascinating place and John D. Rockefeller is quite an incredible man. Definitely more in-depth information was given to us than I remember from history class in high school. Here is one of the ceilings at one of the entries to the center. Just beautiful!
These pieces of metal move subtley and catch the light.
The Rockefeller Center was so retro. I just loved this authentic sign as you approach the escalators.
This was right outside one of the entries of the Rockefeller Center.
Pretty incredible in person! It's a statue called Atlas.
Read the bottom sign in this picture. Pretty much sums up the majority of locals we ran across. Very blunt and to the point.
The Rockefeller Center is the building in the middle.
We rode the subway everywhere we went. Here is a picture of us at Grand Central Station.
There were musical artists performing throughout the subway stations. Here was a group of guys singing oldies but goodies.
This was at a three story candy store called FAO Schwartz. It made us miss Haisley! The nutcracker behind me is made of jelly beans!
LaLaLaLa, LaLaLaLa, Elmo's World!
This was a must for Justin - The piano playing that Tom Hanks played in "Big".
This dragon was an over sized stuffed animal.
Ahhh, Little Italy!
This mozzarella was incredible!
We went to see "West Side Story", a musical. We waited in line for an hour outside in the cold rain to get these discounted tickets. It was well worth it!
The top of the Palace Theatre where "West Side Story" was performed.
There we are, front and center!
Yes, we had great seats!!!
I am so proud!
My hot dog experierence. Pretty disgusting, I have to admit!
We went on a ferry to see Ellis Island. We took pictures of the Statue of Liberty and felt that was sufficient. A reason to go back!
Spectacular!
Had a little malfunction with the camera. We were there, I promise!
This was a depiction of just how packed Ellis Island was when immigrants arrived with their life savings in their luggage. A very historical place that sets the tone for our country and all of the different immigrants that sailed the ocean to take a chance at a new country, America. What bravery!
This was the main area on the first floor where people would be checked for illnesses, intelligence level, etc.
Subway, baby! It definitely had a distinct smell. I don't know if I could ever get used to the smells in NYC.
We had to visit the Financial District for Justin. Here's Justin in front of the NY Stock Exchange.
A view of one of the many cathedrals speckled throughout NYC.
Just a cool building.
We don't see very many gravestones this old where I live. I wonder who some of these people were in the historical gravesites in NYC.
American Stock Exchange building
This is the fire station right next to where the World Trade Center stood.
Ground Zero
It was hard to believe how many buildings sit right next to where the Twin Towers stood and are working and in good condition. Just something you must see.







1 comments:
Your trip looks amazing! Good for you guys to going! Love all the pictures...you certainly made me want to go!
Post a Comment